Screed is an element of building construction that is performed as a rule in thicknesses of 3-8 cm, as bonded, floating, or “heated”. The last few decades have been marked by the accelerated construction of commercial and residential buildings or the adaptation of existing ones. On the other hand, the deadlines for the execution of works and installation of final floor coverings, which are more or less sensitive to too much residual moisture or the appearance of cracks and their transfer to the final floor covering, are becoming shorter. Finally, the result of such accelerated construction and/or non-use of special additives or hydraulic binders and/or their inadequate application is often the cause of complaints.
Dry floors, dry glazes, drywall screed, dry screed, or floating floors do not need to be dried, so work can begin immediately after the adhesive has dried.
DRACO® FLOOR 130 is a self-leveling cementitious mass with special additives used for leveling and smoothing rough floor surfaces. It is applied in a thickness of 3 to 30 mm in one working step. According to standard EN 13813, it is classified as CT-C35-F7-A2fl. It is suitable for leveling cement and anhydrite screeds, screeds with underfloor heating and over existing floor coverings.
Read below how to use DRACO® FLOOR 130 correctly.
- Thoroughly clean the substrate. Remove oil, grease, dust and similar contaminants. The cement screed and all loose joints should be completely removed.
- The moisture in the substrate must achieve the required values for the final layer. Increasing irregularities in the substrate must be filled with an adequate DRACO® FIX product.
- Smooth and non-absorbent substrates such as ceramic tiles must be cleaned and coated with DRACO® PRIMO 850 primer and sprinkled with quartz sand.
- Pour 4.75-5.0 l of mixture water into the bowl and slowly add DRACO® FLOOR 130 and mix with the mixing attachment on the drill at low speed until a uniform mixture is achieved. After standing for 2-3 minutes (ripening time), mix the material well again without adding water.
- Apply DRACO® FLOOR 130 with a notched trowel in a single layer 3 – 30 mm thick. The product can also be installed by pumping. After applying the self-leveling compound, it is mandatory to irradiate the hedgehog with a roller to expel all the trapped air.
- When installing on large areas, make sure that the size of the field does not exceed 50 m2, in all critical places (outer corners – fractures in the floor plan and columns) perform inspection joints.
As the works often have to be completed in a very short time, it is always desirable to have materials that will shorten the time until the laying of finishes, and special binders, and industrial (ready) dry mixes and chemical additives for screeds are proven solutions that will and enable.
DRACO waterproofing systems are designed precisely to make your facilities safe and comfortable to live in. If you need help or support, our DRACO experts are at your disposal.
Contact us without hesitation.